Monday, September 26, 2016

Reading Notes: Tibetan Folk Tales, Reading B

While I was reading “How the Rabbit Killed the Lion” I was amazed at how quickly the rabbit came up with his excuse as to why he wouldn’t kneel to the lion. It even got the lion to drown itself!

“How the Raven Saved the Hunter” was familiar to me because I read a story similar to it recently (in this class). I don’t remember the title, but I do know that a hawk was trying to save a man from drinking poisoned water (instead of a raven). The Raven seemed to deeply care about this random mans safety, and it would be cool to see its back story. 

(the raven, source)

I also thought “The Two Little Cats” was nice because they had a bunch of animals who helped defend them from the Handre. I’d like to see all these characters become one big friend group. 

I might be able to use “A Rabbit Story” in my storybook. I could have my bear officer respond to the conflict between the rabbit and bear family, and in the end no one would be killed (unlike the original). 

No comments:

Post a Comment