Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Reading Notes: Khasi Folktales, Reading B

I read “What Makes the Lightning” last week for the feedback focus blog post, but I enjoyed reading it again this week. It’s cool to imagine that thunder and lightening are actually the result of a drum and a swinging sword. I thought this was a unique idea. 

(A picture of lightning, source

I also thought that “How the Tiger Got His Strength” was interesting. I wondered what would happen if an animal who is typically able to “walk silently” like the tiger didn’t have that trait. I think it would be funny if there was a tiger who was clumsy and always making tons of noise when it walked around the jungle. 

Another story that caught my attention was “Why the Goat Lives with Mankind.” I thought it was strange when the goat just decided to tell the world that it was defenseless and that the tiger was mistaken in being scared of it. I feel like that was a bad move. 


No comments:

Post a Comment