Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Reading Notes: Persian Tales, Reading B

"Half-Boy” reminded me of the “Half-Chick” story, but they had very different outcomes. It’s kinda sad that Nim Tanak only got his father’s approval after he rescued his brothers and sisters, but at least his father began to love him, despite his appearance, in the end. It would be nice though if he was accepted from the very beginning. 


The Sad Tale of the Mouse’s Tail” felt like it cut off abruptly, so if I were to re-write it I would add more to the story. I would probably find a way for the mouse to get its tail sewn back on, or maybe it could have a tail like Eeyore’s in Winnie the Pooh?


(The mouse with a missing tail, source

When I was started reading “The Wolf-Bride” I didn’t expect the son to be killed by his own wife, who turned into a wolf. I want to know if she always unknowingly turned into a werewolf at points or if her doing so was only a one time thing. I would be interested to hear her backstory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment