Thursday, August 25, 2016

Reading Options

For week two I’m going to read from the Ancient Greece unit, and more specifically over Aesop (Jacobs). I really enjoyed the group of Aesop’s Fables we’ve read already, and I’m interested in reading more of them. I like how many of these stories are focused on animals, but they still teach us a lesson or offer wisdom. 

I’m also interested in reading from the Chinese Fairy Tales unit. I enjoy stories about animals, the one about how cats and dogs became enemies was great, and the overview also mentions that there are also stories that include magic! I think that would be fun to read about. 

(A picture from "The Panther" story in the Chinese Fairy Tale unit)


Along with this, the Egyptian Mythology also seems like a good unit. In art history we’ve studied quite a few Egyptian artworks and they’ve always had unique stories behind them. 


Another unit I’m interested in is Alaskan Legends. Raven seems fun to read about, and the other stories about animals sound good too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment