Monday, August 22, 2016

My Favorite Place

My favorite place would have to be the house my grandma lived in while I was growing up! My sisters and I would always visit, since she didn’t live far, and I have many fond memories of that time. 

Her house had trinkets everywhere, and they mostly included animals such as giraffes and bears. She also loved red and blue color schemes, and fake greenery. On almost every ledge or corner she had flowers, trees, or vines. It was a great place to play hide-and-seek.

 She also had a pool that I would swim in constantly, and there was just about every kind of pool toy you could imagine. (Snorkels, goggles, beach balls, flippers, and a bunch of miscellaneous things as well). 



(Source: Wikipedia

Along with this she and my granddad loved to garden. They had the most beautiful backyard with tons of different roses and daisies. I remember she had a lamb-ear bush that I loved because the leaves were soft. 


(A picture of a lamb ear plant, by a photographer named Patrick Standish. Source: Flickr)


 I think the sole reason that this place meant so much to me was because of my grandma. She sold that house a few years back, and I still miss it. However, I’ll always have those memories.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet idea for a blog post, Taylor! I have so many vivid memories of both of my grandmothers' houses...and that is from many DECADES ago. All those little details, so specific, so vivid, are exactly the kind of thing that can bring a story to life too. Maybe you will be able to tell a story that involves some memory of your grandmother's house for class this semester... meanwhile, thank you for this post! It gave me a chance to relive some of my own childhood memories too. :-)

    ReplyDelete