Monday, August 29, 2016

Reading Notes: Aesop's Fables, Part A

While reading through part A of the Aesop’s Fables Unit I found many stories that inspired me for this weeks storytelling post. 

The first story I liked was “The Cat Maiden.” I think that this concept is pretty interesting on its own, however it isn’t very long and mentions that the cat still acts like a cat, even in a human body. It would be fun to see how the cat adjusts to life as a human. I can see her being extremely confused at first, but over time she begins to get accustomed to becoming a person (but has many mishaps along the way).

“The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse” is also a good one. I feel like many people have heard this story, and for some reason it made me think of New York. I pictured two childhood friends who ended up on two very different paths. One friend stayed in their small home town, while the other branched out and moved to a huge city. 

Also, I don’t usually like when stories have sad endings, and “The Stag in the Ox-Stall” is one of those. The deer ends up hiding in a stall from a group of hunters, and isn’t noticed by the stable-boys at first, but in the end it is found and killed. What if instead of being killed the deer actually befriends one of the stable-boys, who then helps it escape? I would like that ending a lot more. 



“The Fox and the Goat” also caught my attention. I kinda wish that after the fox tricked the goat to jump into the well that the goat somehow managed to escape. 

Bibliography: All these stories are from Aesop's Fables by Joseph Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment