Monday, October 31, 2016

Reading: Nursery Rhymes, Part B

I enjoyed these nursery rhymes, and they would all be fun to base a story on! The illustrations were also very nice.

Of course I liked “Hey Diddle Diddle” and I think it would be a nice challenge to try and lengthen it into a story. I want to know why all these things are happening, like why the cow is jumping over the moon. 

(Illustration for "Hey Diddle Diddle," source

I feel like I could use this rhyme as a sequel to a story I wrote earlier in the semester about Petal the cat. 

Pussy-cat, pussy-cat, where have you been?
PUSSY-CAT, pussy-cat, where have you been?
I've been to London to look at the queen.
Pussy-cat, pussy-cat, what did you there?
I frighten'd a little mouse under the chair.

What Little Boys are Made of” reminds me of the Powderpuff Girls with “sugar, spice, and everything nice.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment