Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Reading Notes: African Tales (Lang), Reading A

 I enjoyed how the “Adventures of a Jackal,” “Adventures of Jackals Eldest Son,” and “Adventures of Younger Son of Jackal” were all connected into one large story. I do wish that the jackals had different personalities, and if I were to re-write this I would make them more distinguishable from each other. Maybe one of the kids is smart, like the others, but doesn’t use their brain in a malicious way. They might even deal with scrutiny from the other animals because of their family’s reputation.  

(a jackal, source


I also liked the panther character in “Adventures of a Jackal.” He was too trusting of others, and innocent in a way. I want to hear more about him and his backstory. When the jackal tricked him he wanted revenge, but this went away after he failed multiple times. I liked this because he just let go of his anger instead of spending every waking moment trying to catch the jackal. I’d want to explore how he became the panther he is today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment