Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Reading Notes: Filipino Popular Tales, Reading A

By the time I was done reading “The Poor Man and his Three Sons” I was genuinely surprised that all the sons ended up happy and wealthy. It was set up for me to believe that at least one of the children would go against their father’s dying wishes. However this never happened and the only bad thing that happened was that the father died.    


I didn’t like the ending to “The Monkey, the Turtle, and the Crocodile” story. The monkey tricked both the turtle and crocodile and never felt repercussions for his actions. I also want to know why he decided to trick these animals. Was it just for fun or did he have a deeper reason behind his actions? If I were to re-write this I would explore the monkey’s motivation.
(the turtle, source

No comments:

Post a Comment