Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Reading Notes: Europa's Fairy Book, Part A

I liked that “The Cinder-Maid” had new twists that I had never seen before when it comes to the Cinderella story. One thing that always confused me was how the Cinder-Maid’s shoe size was so different from anyone else. Was there absolutely nobody that had the same shoe size as her? Maybe the prince isn’t so bright. If I used this story this week I’d probably explore this question. 

The Language of Animals” was funny to me. Just this kid going to school for years and learning about one animal. I want to see what the school he went to was like. 


(an illustration from "The Language of Animals," source) 


Then, in “The Earl of Cattenborough” I was surprised that the cat did so much for Jack with nothing in return. 

Bibliography: Europa's Fairy Book by Joseph Jacobs 

No comments:

Post a Comment